dash

Tuesday, April 23, 2013

death

On Sunday night,on our way back from my aunt's place in Subang,we stopped by for some food at some gas station. All of a sudden, my husband received a call from one of the guys at work. He asked where my husband was and what he was doing at the time. He asked if my husband had read the WhatsApp message he sent. It turned out that one of the boys at his workplace had passed away that evening.

It was a shocking news to not just my husband but to me as well.I still remember my husband's reaction at the time. He was out of words. He may not have been the best of friends with the boy who died but I could tell that he couldn't accept the news very well.I may not know this boy but everytime my husband comes home and talks about work,he never fails to mention this boy regardless if its a negative or a positive note.

He was only 23. He rode on his superbike on Saturday night on his way back from dinner with his friends. The accident happened on Jalan Mahameru.It was reported that a white Myvi ran into him and drove off.It was a nasty accident as the Myvi's bumper broke and one of the half of the bumper was on the road.The impact was so hard that the boy was thrown on to the road on the other side where the traffic was heading from the opposite direction. He failed to get off the road coz another  car crashed into him.

His injuries was irreparable. His right leg almost came off. His internal organs were not working that what ever the medical officers tried to put into his system did not get through.His body rejected everything-water,blood,medication.At the time,the boy remembered his father's phone number. He was taken to HKL. He couldn't survive and at almost 7pm on Sunday,he died.

Yesterday,my husband and his manager went over to see his parents and returned all of the boy's belongings. My husband said his parents were still crying.It was even sadder when his mom saw the box with her late son's name on it.I cannot imagine the pain she was going through.It was a sad,sad moment and I can't help but feel like his death was not a justified death. I know that as a Muslim,we must accept fate but I am sad.Truly sad for what's happened to the boy.

No comments: