dash

Thursday, September 22, 2022

Sometimes.......I don't realize how fast time flies..........

 Sometimes, I'm still stuck in a moment in my mind...........and then, I'd wake up and see that years had passed. What ever memory I have about a person or an environment or anything about anything is sometimes shocking to me because I don't realize how much time can change a person or a situation.

Especially since I live far away from the people I know........I'm always on the move doing something somewhere and then when the weekend hits, I'll stop and think what the hell happened to everything.......

I have no idea what I'm saying at this point. In fact, I don't even know who or what I am addressing.

I was chatting with my brother, Rashid, the other night. I like to send memes to him or stupid things like how I wore a top hat with bunny ears and I was playing my guitar and I captioned the picture "Slash Bunny from Guns N Posies" No one will get it coz only a handful of people I know listens to Guns N Roses...........

Anywho, I always forget how far away I am and how far away I have been in the past few years and I can hardly remember when I saw him last.........other than the few video calls I usually have with my mom. He was telling me about his new job. I'm so happy to know that he's doing something skillful and not stuck in a professional line. I don't have anything against professionals. I just think that skills usually go a longer way and learning new skills are always rewarding.

I sometimes look back on photos from my cloud drive and realize how tiny my kids were and that now, they are old enough to make up excuses -_- Sometimes, I have a hard time keeping track of their vocabularies because they keep learning new things everyday.

Right now, Shu and I are facing a new challenge with our kids. They can't tell if they are being bullied or that their friends are trying to be funny. It's hard because sometimes they'd come home and tell us about their day and we'd pick up some bits and pieces about their interactions in school which isn't the most polite thing to do. I'm trying to tell them to stand up for themselves and that it's ok to tell people off if it bothers them but I don't know if they understand what I'm talking about.

I've always been bullied growing up and sometimes, I don't realize that I'm being bullied because I don't understand other kids and why they do what they do. I've always tried to be the diplomatic one and I must admit, not everyone can understand what I say. Maybe it's the language. Maybe it's the vocab. Maybe it's just upbringing. I don't know. I understand why I am sometimes bitter about certain things but I really want to spare the kids these emotions because it can really eat you up inside and it can really affect your life as you grow older.

No comments: